Thursday, April 7, 2011

About My Term Research Paper

I have always wondered how long it will take for the new media to reach the developing world.  After following recent events in the Middle East through the mainstream media attributing the organization of the protests that toppled an authoritarian regime in Egypt directly to the social network namely Facebook, I became interested to learn more and explore further. I was able to read some books and articles that were written several years ago. These writings identified and pointed out the importance of the need to bridge the stark digital divide between the developed and that of the developing world. Through this research I was able to see how important it is for the developing countries to close this digital divide if they are to survive economically, socially and politically in the global community.  

1 comment:

  1. It is interesting to see the effects of new media technologies on different part of the world. For new yorkers living in this digital age, it seems impossible to not use the new media technologies but it is possible for some people to survive perfect in other part of the world.

    ReplyDelete