Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Creativity and New Media

This is my first time to visit and create an avatar of myself on secondlife.com. I picked one of the characters on the website. The avatar I picked originally was wearing a party dress and I just changed her top to student red sweeter since I thought it would be more appropriate for this assignment :-)
This is where I took some instruction how to walk, fly etc….
I visited Egypt and chatted with other avatar
Finally I fly…..
I thought it was kind of interesting how the virtual world used to create 3-D images of avatars’ that are capable of walking, flying as well as communicating with other avatars.  I have to admit that before this class I had no idea this type of websites even exist.   

2 comments:

  1. i wish i could fly in real life.. then i can just fly over crowded places and not worry about bumping into people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virtual life is fun in a way because we can make impossible things possible. When I first used it, I thought it is a little bit hard to manage flying even in virtual life.

    ReplyDelete